Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Well here goes my very first blog post ever. 
The name of this blog is in memory of my Grandma Catherine. 
She was an amazing independent woman raising 2 sons alone after the death of my grandfather when my father was 8. She lost 2 baby girls when they were infants. If anyone had a right to swear in this world it would have been my grandmother. But this was her swear word "my stars and garters". That and the occasional shut the d*mn door when 12 grandchildren would defend on her cute little one bedroom house. Her poor septic tank. Haha So I want to be more like my grumpy adorable grandmother. I want this to be the worst thing my kids hear come out of my mouth. (it won't be but I can try.)
So Anyway this blog is going to be about all my craftiness in general. I have self diagnosed adhd so I have too many hobbies. Kinda a jack of all trades but a master of few. I love design weather its on a computer, in a home, in a sweater, or a photograph. I have been a photographer, an interior designer, an artist, a furniture re-beautifier, and a graphic designer. I also knit, I sew, and I mother 6 amazing kids. 
When I was a kid my parents had rental homes and the kids in our family helped maintain these properties weather it was fixing a roof, building a fence, or pouring concrete aggregate. So I kinda grew up with the notion that if i saw something i wanted to do and I didn't know how to do it I could learn. I love learning and trying new things so this is my place to show some of my crazy projects I come up with and maybe help someone else learn how to do something new. I think the internet and blogs are an amazing way for people to learn new things and see the possibilities around them and stretch out of their comfort zones and try something new. I know I will be looking for my next project in the blogs. 
Thanks for reading
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I can't wait to see what pictures you post. Love and miss you sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carolyn, welcome to blogland! I'm your newest follower! Cyndi

    ReplyDelete